Skip to main content

Laughter is the Best Medicine

I was really looking forward to "labor" on Labor Day. Michael and my mom were scheduled to work this holiday too which was great because that means meeting up for lunch and enjoying 30 minutes together. It's like our version of verbal communication therapy. Also, holiday pay is a great incentive for me to want to work. However, the census on the floor has been really low so many employees have been getting called off. Well Sunday night rolls around and guess what? I got put on-call. I asked Mike why he thought our census was so low right now. He replied "The hospital needs to quit telling people to get healthy!" My husband ladies and gentlemen; the problem solver.

Yesterday Michael went to shoot guns with his mom. I had a lot of homework to get caught up/get ahead on so I stayed home. Later in the night I was asking how it went and when it got to the part where he was telling me about the guns he used, he mentioned using a revolver. I knew I had heard the word revolver before but I could not picture what it looked like. I said "What does a revolver look-oh wait, never mind. Thanks Clue!" My childhood, game-playing memory served me well.

On an unrelated note- Go Ravens! Season opener game this Thursday!

Side note- I don't even want to talk about the length of the gap between posts. :)

Enjoy your first week of September!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The perils of the laundromat

My day started off like any other day. Woke up at 4:30, showered, got ready, ate breakfast, got dressed in my nursing scrubs and headed to the hospital. But unlike any other day, my nurse I'm supposed to precept with was not there. She traded her shift and worked yesterday instead. So what did this mean for me? I got to go home and snuggle up to my sweet hubby and our heating blanket while watching a movie! I think that's something worth waking up early for. :)  It also gave me some free time to write about our laundromat experiences. Sounds like a particularly boring topic but we've had some experiences that are anything BUT boring.  Experience #1: It was around the last week of September. We tried a new laundromat close to where I lived before we were married We also tried some new detergent. The problem with this experience was Michael could not stop itching the next day. He got some very bad hives and it was crippling his daily activities. We thought it was from

Time

Time doesn't stop for anybody. Not for the businessman who barely missed the subway, the reporter who missed the press, the athlete who crossed the finish line second, nobody. I regretfully admit that recently I have been happy about this undeniably true thought. All too often I find myself wishing time would move a second faster, a minute quicker, and a day sooner. With Michael and I both having hectic school schedules and longer hours logged in at work, I was constantly hoping for another tomorrow. But why? We are newlyweds- barely married for 5 months. I am almost done with my nursing program- should I not soak up every opportunity to learn? We have jobs in our fields of interest- at least we have the means to earn a living in a struggling economy. With the 2012 election ending yesterday, (and it's no secret it did not end in our favor) I feel a new sense of the need to enjoy every moment. Time has not stopped and life still goes on. We are still moving forward. Wh